Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold Prevention Tips:
- Check for leaks periodically throughout the year around toilet, tub/shower, sinks, and appliances with water connections (dishwasher, washing machine, refrigerators with ice makers) by pulling them out and checking water lines and the connections for wear and tear.
- Replace rusted or cracked water supply lines to prevent slow leaks and if left unnoticed could cause mold growth.
- Check for discoloration on baseboards, wood and carpet flooring, walls and ceiling, around windows and doors. Discoloration is usually a sign of water damage and possibly microbial growth behind or on the material.
If you discover any signs of discoloration or see mold growth - call us for assistance!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (650) 770-2992
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Mountain View, Los Altos for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Mountain View, Los Altos has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Mountain View
- Los Altos
- Los Altos Hills