Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
As flood restoration specialists,
SERVPRO Of Mountain View/Los Altos /Los Altos Hills, offer a fast response flood damage cleanup service for jobs large and small. Rapid response is of the utmost importance in any disaster situation, including flooding. Here at SERVPRO Of Mountain View/Los Altos /Los Altos Hills , we believe that the quicker you can have a team of specialist flood damage restorers on site, the more likely it is that the loss/risk will be reduced considerably. That’s why we offer a 24/7 emergency response.
If a major flood disaster has caused extensive damage to your home or business, you can rely on SERVPRO Of Mountain View/Los Altos /Los Altos Hills to respond swiftly and professionally, Our Job includes the decontamination and drying of flood water damaged properties and contents, as well as odour removal, speed drying and building repairs.
What can You do Fast?
- Disconnect Outlets. The first thing to do when you discover water damage in your home is to unplug all electronics immediately.
- Inspect Mold.
- Dry Water Out.
- Remove Damaged Materials.
- Disinfect Remaining Areas.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (650) 770-2992
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.